Friday, January 13, 2012

The only experience I have ever had with chickens prior to getting my own was my grandma's rooster chasing me out of her chicken coop in the Alabama as a kid.  Man, that thing was mean!  I was excited to get my own  chickens when we moved out here but really had no idea what to expect.  Here is an email I wrote my family right after getting my first chickens.

Chicken Lesson 1:

For those of you who may decide one day to get chickens, I thought I would share my new found knowledge of chickens with you.

Chickens poop in their own bedding.  Not only that, but they will poop in their food bowl too.  This must be cleaned out by the owner (that's me).  I guess that's why I didn't get any eggs today.  Yesterday their bedding was clean and they gave me eggs.  Today their bedding was "soiled" and I had no eggs.

Bottom line, I take care of them and they'll take care of me.  Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment