Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Make Your Own Chandelier

I helped one of my nieces fix up her room recently and it turned out really cute.  She wanted it kind of "beachy" so we found a headboard, chest of drawers and night stand at the thrift store that didn't really match but once they were all painted white, looked great.  We added a lamp for her nightstand and one for the top of the chest of drawers, a pretty new bedspread and rug and she loves it.  I thought if she wanted one, I would make her a crystal chandelier.  I went to Habitat for Humanity and bought a brown light fixture for $8.00, then bought a couple of cans of creamy white (Ivory)spray paint at Ace Hardware and some crystals on Ebay.


I needed a place to hang it so I could spray paint it and the perfect place was the stand that holds targets for the shooting range.  It has woods on both sides of the range so it blocked the wind too.  I tied it up on the frame and sprayed it.


After the first coat dried, I added another coat. 


After it completely dried, I simply added the bobeches and crystals and it was done.  Very easy project and I think she'll really like it.  My other niece has a black and white room so I could do another one in black for her if she'd like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment