Friday, January 20, 2012

My First Garden

I love the idea of growing our own food so I was excited to have my first garden two summers ago.  This is the journal from my first garden.

My first garden is coming up and it's all very exciting.  I go out there every day to see what's happening.  Fortunately for me, Fred's dad came and helped me put my garden in.  We planted all kinds of vegetables.  Today Fred and I are putting a fence around it so the critters can't eat it before we do.




Here are some pictures of the garden.  Lots of tomatoes and watermelon are growing.  No signs of eggplant, corn or okra yet.  We learned that Fred's horse, Blaze, can reach over the fence and eat the corn stalks.  He ate almost a whole row before we realized it.




Luckily we have two more rows of sweet corn planted.

(Note:  He ended up eating both of the other two rows down to the ground.)

No comments:

Post a Comment