Saturday, January 28, 2012

About those Baby Chicks

Remember I told you about the baby chicks and how they were making me crazy?  Well, they are all gone.  No, I didn't get rid of them, they died.  Yep, every single one of them.  I tried it all - heat lamp, heating pad, inside the house, out on the porch, I just couldn't figure it out.  They didn't die all at one time, but one or two each day.  Apparently they all died from "pasty butt".  I don't think I need to go into detail about what that means.  The term "pasty butt" is pretty self-explanatory.  Anyway, after buying 14 baby chicks on Monday, we were down to 4 by Saturday when the kids came to see them.  One of them actually died while the kids were here!  Of course I told them he was sleeping.  I was actually relieved when I had to go out of town and they were all gone when I got back.  It was very frustrating and I vowed to only buy grown chickens from now on.  Just call me the "Chick Terminator".  Lesson learned, moving on.

No comments:

Post a Comment