Thursday, January 19, 2012

Is that a Raccoon?

This happened last summer before we moved our house to the back of the hayfield.  Thought you might enjoy hearing about it.



I just got back from outside.  It's 10:00 p.m. and Fred went out to turn the sprinkler off.  He spotted a raccoon near the chicken coop so he told me to go get his pellet rifle and pellets while he kept a flashlight shining on the raccoon.  I was in flip flops, walking in the dark with a little flashlight and a gun, not sure exactly which of the multitudes of guns in the house is actually a pellet rifle but thinking to myself, how is it that a girl afraid of the dark is actually out here walking around?  And how long will it be before our neighbors come out and start shooting at whoever is walking around the woods near their house?  And when will I actually stop referring to myself as a "girl"?

Of course I made too much noise and scared the raccoon off before I actually got to Fred, but being the good wife, I still stood out there in the dark shining the light in the trees for Fred to look for him.

So, how is it in your neck of the woods?

No comments:

Post a Comment