Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tutu DIY - No, Not for Me!

I wanted to make a gift for a baby shower and my daughter forwarded me the directions for a tutu off of Pinterest.  It was really easy and fun to make and was a big hit at the shower.  Check this out -



All it takes is elastic and two or three different shades of tulle and a piece of ribbon.  You simply cut an elastic strip about 14" to 16" long for the waist band, sew the ends together, and then I put it around my leg (like a garter).   You cut strips of tulle 16" long in all three colors, then take two colors, white and pink, for example, together in your hand and simply tie them on to the elastic strip.  You keep going around the elastic strip so it's as full as you can get it.  I alternated light pink/white, then dark pink/white around the whole thing.  Once you get the tying all done, you go around it and separate the pieces away from each other to create the "fluff".  The ribbon can be tied on and make a bow, or as the instructions that I followed said, use a hair clip, and tuck the ends of the clip underneath the tied tulle. 

I'm probably not explaining it very well, so you can get the instructions that I followed from www.theribbonretreat.com/blog/how-to-make-a-tutu.html
   

1 comment:

  1. The tutu is adorable just like your granddaughter! How cute!

    ReplyDelete