Monday, May 28, 2012

Those Aren't Carrots, They're Toes!

Let me first say, I am not good at taking care of myself.  I don't like to shop so my husband is always encouraging me to "go buy yourself something".  Yes, he's pretty special.  Anyway, my daughter is always trying to encourage me to get my nails done too and I have to agree, once I've had them done, I feel special but I just never think about it when she's not around. 

My daughter was wearing a really cute pair of peach or tangerine colored sandals one day while we were together and I mentioned I liked them so while we were out shopping I was able to get a pair just like them.  A nail salon was next door so, as a thank you for helping her the last couple of weeks, she wanted to pay for us both to get a pedicure and manicure.   We got them done in a nail color really close to the color of our sandals. 

When we got back to the house later in the day, I went out to the horses and donkeys to feel them and I noticed the donkeys, Sunny and Lilly, kept looking at my feet.  I usually have on boots so I'm not sure what they were thinking but they started trying to nibble on my toes!  I started walking away from them, but they started following me and trying to block me from leaving the pen.  Every time I stopped walking, they started trying to nibble on me feet again.  Heather came outside and I told her what they were doing and she said "maybe they think your toes are carrots!"  I think she may be right.

I took a picture of my feet to show you the nail color, but as I looked at the pictures I realized that my feet are so much cuter in person.  I decided not to subject to a picture of my feet.  It's an image you really don't want to carry around in your head all day.



No comments:

Post a Comment