Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Me and My Tractor

Okay, technically it's Freds tractor but he showed me how to drive it!  I have always been a little intimidated with big machines but it was pretty darn easy.   After he gave me the basic instructions, he told me to bring the tractor over to the electric fence where the horses were so he could mow in the field, then dump the grass clippings in the bucket of the tractor.  Just as I was easing it up to the fence, I accidentally ran the tractor into the fence.  I was hitting the brake, but apparently not hard enough.  Nothing got broken, and he actually let me continue to use the tractor the rest of the weekend.  Now I'm feeling like a country girl! 


Once I mastered the basics, Fred had me lift him up in the bucket of the tractor into a pecan tree to tie a couple of limbs up that were hanging too low.  This is one brave man!


Or crazy, or a little a both.  The jury is still out, but we love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment