Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Maybe I Should Stick to Flowers

I am not excited about my garden.  Nothing seems to be doing that well except tomatoes, zucchini and squash.  The eggplant and other things are skinny and the lower leaves are yellowing.  I don't know if that means I have watered too much, not enough, or whether the ground was so packed down, that they just aren't getting the nutrients and growing room they need. 


The saddest eggplant I've ever seen.


I am embarrassed . . .


On the bright side - tomatoes are not letting me down.  Tonight on the menu - fried green tomatoes!

Maybe I should stick to flowers.  Here are some of the blooms in and around the garden.


These flowers are about 3 1/2' tall. 




See the corn?  I drive by fields of it and their corn pops up about a foot a day.  Mine, not so much. 

I cut some flowers for the house so I can enjoy them all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment