Friday, February 3, 2012

You want me to do WHAT?!

After a family dinner one night, my daughter-in-law left our house and started driving back to Charleston when she called to tell us that a deer had just hit the side of her car.  She and her passengers were fine and didn't stop, but wanted to let us know in case we wanted to go see if the deer was injured and needed to be put down or moved out of the road.  She couldn't get ahold of our son, Matt, in their other car and was worried (the roads were wet from a light rain) so we jumped in the truck with our flashlights and headed to where the deer was.  Matt was fine and did not stop either but there was the deer, dead in the road.  I didn't get out of the truck and figured Fred was just going to move it off the road but after he moved it, he told me to call a neighbor and see if he wanted the deer for the meat.  He hated to waste it.  Our neighbor was happy we called and Fred told him we'd bring it to him.

Then he said four little words I'll never forget - "Grab those two legs." 

I gave him the "You want me to do WHAT?!" look, but in the dark it didn't even phase him.  Now, I'm no princess and I will do pretty much anything Fred wants me to do, but this was definitely not on my bucket list!  We swung the deer up into the back of the truck and off we went.

I'm so glad it was dark and rainy so no one could recognize us.




No comments:

Post a Comment