Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Guest Cottage

Okay, I admit it, it's tiny but I love it.  My guest cottage is just big enough for a double bed, a side table and a rocker.  No bathroom or electricity, just a place to sleep.  I bought it just as a frame of old wood, but once it was moved to our property, the builder of my little cottage used wood and tin off an old house in the back of our property.  I loved the old weathered blue paint so we left it original.  The beadboard and windows inside are from the old house too.  Inside you'll find an old iron bed, quilts (of course), an old rocker and table with a wash basin and pitcher. 



Family and friends are always welcome to grab a flashlight and a pitcher of water to wash your face or brush your teeth and head on out there. 

My next project?  I bought a small grain bin and want to make that into another guest house. 



No comments:

Post a Comment