Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dirt Roads

Plain and simple, I've never met a dirt road I didn't like.  I am always intrigued about what is down each road.  Could it be an old plantation, fields of flowers or miles of corn, cows grazing . . . it could be anything.  I have been known at any given time to catch a dirt road out of the corner of my eye and regardless of where I was heading, turn and go in a completely different direction.  Of course your cell phone doesn't usually work out there, and there's always a chance of getting stuck, but it doesn't phase me.  I can't help it, I'm just so curious.  I could spend hours just rambling around before finding my way back home. 

I used to work in the city and sat in traffic every afternoon heading home and dream of being on the roads out here.  I have often said I'd rather drive an hour on country roads than sit in traffic for 30 minutes.  It's such a freedom that you just can't get in the city.  Being out here is not everyone's dream come true.  My grown kids can't imagine living out here, even though we are very close to the town of Holly Hill, but they enjoy the city life in Charleston, restaurants, movies, all kinds of activities and people.  I get that, but for me it's the dirt roads that make me happy. 

2 comments:

  1. If we were together we'd be heading down the dirt road and seeking treasures all at the same time! :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could join me on the Longest Yard Sale too. We could get in so much trouble together!

      Delete