Sunday, February 5, 2012

Thank you, Miss South Carolina!

One day I was telling my husband I read an article about Miss South Carolina and how she was asked what brings out her inner Southern Belle and she made the statement that she felt most Southern when she has on her pearl necklace and earrings.  I wasn't hinting at all, but simply made the comment that I have never had a set of pearls.  We had bought pearls to give our daughter on her wedding day, but I just never really thought about having pearls myself.

Well, guess what I got for Christmas?  You guessed it.  A pearl necklace from my husband and pearl earrings from my son and daughter-in-law.  And you know what?  She was right.  I feel most Southern when I wear my pearls too. 

Thank you, Miss South Carolina! 

No comments:

Post a Comment