Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Disclaimer

Any time I go out of town and leave my husband here with the animals, he gives me what I like to call "the disclaimer."

The day before I plan on being home, he starts the phone conversation with . . . "Well, the house is kind of a mess because I've been working alot and one of the dogs got sick in the house last night, and another one of them chewed up the newspaper.  Then I had to throw the bedspread in the washer because Molly has been sleeping on it and I didn't get a chance to do any dishes because I had to go buy horse feed and we were out of dog food."  This disclaimer is used to tell me ahead of time not to expect much when I walk in the door.

When I got home from a trip today he had swept the kitchen floor, but there were dishes in the sink, the bed was a big pile of blankets and sheets, there was a bunch of clothes on the dining room table, the refrigerator was full of styrofoam containers and there were some dog blankets in a pile on the porch which had been thrown up on. 

I can't help but smile when he starts the disclaimer because I know what's waiting for me, but it's still so nice to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment