Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Julie, Julia and Kay!

I saw a movie one day about a girl named Julie, that decided she would go through Julia Childs' Cookbook and make each and every recipe, then blog about it.  It was an interesting idea and since I wanted to add another element to this blog, I decided I would do the same thing.  No, I won't be going through Julia Childs' cookbook, it's way too big and frankly my attention span is not that long anymore, but I have found a cookbook that is perfect for me.


Yes, it's small but like I said my attention span is short.  This cookbook, however, is filled with recipes from restaurants in the Charleston, Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head areas that look simple and sound yummy.  To be honest with you, I am tired of cooking the same old things and needed to do something different.  I know everybody goes through that, so hopefully you will enjoy making these recipes too.  I am going to be doing one recipe from the book each week and tell you all about it as well as take pictures.  Also since I enjoy baking so much, I picked up this other book entitled Cookies and Treats (at Tractor Supply while I was buying chicken feed, no less) that I thought would be fun to do as well. 


So, here's the plan.  One new recipe for dinner each week and one new dessert.  Could be fun, could be fattening, but it will definitely be interesting.  Let's do it!



No comments:

Post a Comment