Thursday, April 12, 2012

Squatters

A few years ago we bought a small piece of land beside our property that had two old houses on it.  The houses were not salvageable but we explored the inside to see if we wanted to save the wood and windows.  When Fred entered, he walked through and called me to come look at something.  I was hesitant about going in at all, kind of creepy, but I reluctantly went inside.  There, in the back bedroom, were two buzzards.  Part of the wall and ceiling had caved in, and they were living inside.  I quickly made my exit and refused to go back inside.

A year or so later we had the little guest cottage built and some of the workers went out there and brought back siding and windows to use.  No buzzards were there and we figured they had gone away.

Turns out, they are back.  As we were walking the dogs the other day, the dogs ran ahead and went inside the house and starting barking like crazy.  Fred went in and there they were again! 

Now I know how to evict a person, but frankly I don't have a clue how to evict buzzards.  All I know is, they've got to go!  (and so do the creepy houses)


You didn't really think I'd have a picture of the buzzards, did you?

No comments:

Post a Comment