Monday, April 2, 2012

Now THAT'S a Garden!

Fred and I worked all weekend in the garden.  We took up the bricks that I had originally put down and mowed, then put them back in place but thank goodness for Fred, because he made sure they were laid out straight this time.  I had them so crooked, Fred said a snake would break his back trying to follow that line!   He pulled a string and I was able to follow it.  Guys are so great to have around, aren't they?

After that we added newspapers (again), compost on top of that, then the plants and seeds.  I'm not finished yet, and still have room for other things, but here's a glimpse of what we've done so far. 


I am putting flowers in some of the beds as well as vegetables so it not only attracts the bees, but makes it pretty too.  As you can tell from one of the pictures, Hannah tried everything she could to distract me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment