Sunday, April 22, 2012

I'm in the Chicken Coop

I was filling a pecan order for Boone Hall Farm Store this week and just finished tying the last bow on the last bag this afternoon and was ready to get outside.  I had some plants I started indoors and was anxious to get them in the ground.  I loaded everything up and headed out to the garden.  Since the chickens had been in their chicken coop all day and it looked like we might get rain later, I decided to let them out for a little bit.  As I opened the door, they all ran out and scattered.  I went back into the fenced in garden area and just as I started putting my tiny little plants in the bed, it started to rain.   I gathered up everything that I couldn't leave, and ran to the closest cover which was the chicken coop.  Right behind me came Molly, then Hannah and Diesel.  Now my chicken coop is pretty small so it was a tight squeeze for all of us to be standing in there but at least we were out of the rain.  I was thinking how funny it would be if the chickens came running back to the chicken coop to get out of the rain and we were all packed in there.   I wonder what they would be thinking?!

No comments:

Post a Comment